KRS Mega Engine
Presenting the “KRS Mega Engine”, a specially designed Microcomputer Engine Board (based on the Arduino Mega Board) featuring the ever popular ATmega2560 MCU, in a small footprint PCB for those demanding I/O intensive applications in rugged industrial applications.
The KRS Mega Engine has the following sought after specifications and features on the one board :-
- Microcomputer board is a small format size that measures only 76mm long X 53mm wide. Size is similar to the UNO Board, but with the extensive I/O capabilities of the Mega.
- Dual row headers are utilized with the outer header row generally aligning with the UNO Rev 3 pinout.
- 4 layer professional PCB with gold plating.
- ATmega2560 MCU with 256K Flash, 8K Ram, 4K EEprom running at 16Mhz.
- 10/100 LAN port using the Wiznet W5500. Uses pins D10 (select), D50, D51, D52.
- Built in Isolated DC/C Converter power supply suitable for using in POE applications. Various optional input voltages from 12VDC to 48VDC all with a 5V DC output at 1.2Amps max.
- MICRO-SD card slot with SPI interface. Uses pins D4 (select), D50, D51, D52. Conveniently located so boards don’t have to be unplugged to change or update the SD Card.
- An easy to reach side Actuated Reset Button.
- The ICSP Header located in the standard Arduino position so Shields can be utilized. Also used to program the Arduino Boot Loader into the controller.
- USB interface using the FT232RL chip for programming and debugging.
- Requires the Arduino IDE or Atmel Studio to program the board. Both IDE’s are freely down loadable.
- Extra 2 Wire Serial EEprom chip with 64K X 8 memory for extra data storage using an AT24C512 chip.
- Hardware Watch Dog Monitor Chip which is a useful in industrial applications.
- Available with various pin headers or header sockets or stackable header sockets.
- Extensive Application Libraries and learning material is freely available on the internet.